Skip to content

Beamdog, my FAVORITE gaming company - however, they can do better!!!

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
edited June 2021 in Off-Topic
I'll just get this out of the way right now: I believe Beamdog is the superior D&D company in compared to Larian, the people that made Solasta, and ect...

I think they helped revive some of the best classics in D&D. However, with my love for the people who help improve these games, there is tough love. I'm incredibly harsh for things I love. However, we need to compete with other gaming studios.

I think, in a professional capacity, Beamdog is doing their best - that much is obvious.

I KNOW they can do better. Why? Because I've seen it. I've met some of the most passionate people on this forum. Besides, the things they've done with these games is simply amazing.

Overall, I'm happy.

Comments

• 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    m7600 wrote: »
    If we're talking about the greatest company that has work on D&D in recent years, then yeah, I agree with you, it's Beamdog.

However, if we're talking about the greatest of all time, it's BioWare. They created the Infinity Engine games.

Second place would go to SSI, since they created the Gold Box games.

Third place would go to Troika, for making The Temple of Elemental Evil.

At least that's how I see it.

Agree with you totally, man.
  • McGollumMcGollum Member Posts: 22
    The problem with corporations is they need LOADS of money to keep running. Still, you are true on Beamdog being quite a positive exception.

NWN2 and Jade Empire spoke for Bioware indeed.

Temple of Elemental Evil was great, but I remember Troika's crumbling from Vampire Bloodlines (VTMB).

Many of the old SSI games should get a remake (modernized), as it was done on the (not SSI) Bard's Tale saga (Skara Brae remembered)..?

But, the Bard's Tale - Remastered & Resnarkled, also deserves its credits. Despite being horribly linear, we all got our chance to play an INT & CHA class being iddy-jot enough to fall prey to a demon princess! Oh, and coolest ghost-dog of my gaming years (only not hostile one, too).