Skip to content

BG2: EE multiplayer problem... yet again

rumcajsekrumcajsek Member Posts: 1
edited June 2021 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I recently bought BG: EE and BG2: EE mainly to play the latter multplayer with my brother.
There I encountered problems imemdiately. Neither of us can join the other's hosted game, no matter if direct, or on the list (the game is viewable on the game list though). We tried everything, from adding the firewall exception, to disabling firewall completely.
What did start to work is Hamachi. We are finally able to connect the game and create our characters, but then, when we start the game, everyone but host is being kicked from the game, and we can play single player as well.
I lurked through dozens of threads, but didn't found working answer.

What do I do? Please help...

P.S. We have exactly the same instance and version of the game. Bought via GOG.com
P.S.2. Even disabling antivirus and Windows Defender doesn't work

Comments

• stargasmstargasm Member Posts: 1
    Same issue here. My friend and I bought the game on steam today and at first the non host was not able to join the lobby. We both have the same version and are running it on steam. We then used hamachi for a local lobby and that allowed the non host to join but when the host starts the game, the non host drops from the lobby. Further we tried switching off firewall and running the game windowed. Some of these allow us to join the lobby but none of these methods let the non host join the game.

Pls send help