Skip to content

Spider spawn spell bugged? spiders don't upgrade

Hello,

I installed IWD EE from GOG. I have noticed the spiders don't upgrade with the level of my Sorcerer. He's level 11 and keep summoning giant spiders instead of sword spiders. He didn't even summon phase spiders before

How to fix this apparent bug?

Thanks

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so apparently spider spawn is bugged in IWD EE

so i went through the liberty of fixing this spell to act as it should all the way to level 30

just unzip this file and put it into your override folder and you should be good to go
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrkotophey
  • alex750alex750 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks sarevok57, the spell works fine now
    sarevok57JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Thanks for the report. Submitted fix internally.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • King_CygnusKing_Cygnus Member Posts: 3
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    so apparently spider spawn is bugged in IWD EE

so i went through the liberty of fixing this spell to act as it should all the way to level 30

just unzip this file and put it into your override folder and you should be good to go

Hey Friend. I have the same problem with the Spider Spawn spell. Could you explain how you fixed it ?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    up above, i have uploaded a winrar file that you can download and place into your override folder and that will fix the spell, ( this is a quick fix and should fix your problem and if you have other mods installed )

if you wish to manually fix it yourself it will be a bit tedious but you will need a tool such as NI or something of the caliber to do so

if using NI ( near infinity ) you have to go into the spell tables and edit SPWI423, then you have to manually set for the appropriate levels for the appropriate creatures to be summoned for each level pass level 11 i believe ( its a been a while since i fixed this spell, so i dont recall 100% what needs to be changed or not )