Skip to content

Any chance we might see another Siege of Dragonspear style DLC or even a brand new adventure?

I'm playing through Siege of Dragonspear again and it always really impresses me that we got a game in this style so recently and so well done. It really nails everything that the BG saga did well, from the way loot is handled to the systems I really prefer over more modern games when it comes to combat and spells. And of course those beautiful environments that are lost when these top down games transition to 3D

I haven't followed the news in a while. Is Beamdog working on anything else with the infinity engine? Even an Icewindale style purely adventure/tactics game would be amazing. I just don't get that itch scratched at all from games like Pillars of Eternity and the few others that have given this series style a shot.
StummvonBordwehrKatzerchenHafirTimbo0o0o0

Comments

• Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    @Sethisto unfortunatly not. :(
    I'd love a "Return to the Windspear" Addon for BG2. Afaik, Beamdog bought the rights and the data that was already done.

In my opinion, all the stupid hate towards Dragonspear was part of the problem. Wizard of the Coast and Beamdog canceled all the new stuff. :(
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Wizards cancelled the new stuff. Beamdog was just forced to comply.
    Timbo0o0o0megamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    you can't win. beamdog does enhaced edtions they get called cash grabs. beamdog does somethin orginal they can't be trusted due to the drama over sod.
  • hsenparhsenpar Member Posts: 59
    edited March 2022
    From a business perspective, the game is probably at the end of its development cycle (released in 2016). Bug fixes alone this late into the cycle are pretty generous.

That being said, I'm not too sure if workable from the standpoint of copyright, but a general pull from SCS to the main game would be nice.

1. SCS AI enabled on difficulties: Insane and LOB.
    2. Force-Enable all SCS content like the Wolf of Ulcaster Dungeon.

In regards to SOD, the 4 random encounter areas could be made 'travel whenever you like' across chapters 8-10. This change is virtually free, and it would at least partly address the common complaint that the game is 'too linear to offer any replay value.' Just a basic segregation into new areas... that's something.