Skip to content

Adding Items to Monster Inventory with NI

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 321
So I want to add items to the inventory of a specific monster so that when I kill it he will drop said items. However when I use NI to bring up the monster, I can't edit the inventory slots to put anything into them. Anyone have ideas on how to do this? Thanks!

Comments

  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,931
    you can also use EE keeper to do this as well ( as long as the items are already made )

    plus if you want to edit creature items in NI you need to go to the "Edit" tab and not the "Items/Spells" tab, once you go to the "Edit" tab, go all the way to the bottom, and then you have to "add" another inventory item number ( you will see if there is no item equipped it will be default -1 ), then you need to press the "Add" button below and add "Item" and have that "Item" match the number you made for the inventory slot that item is going to
    Baptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 321
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    you can also use EE keeper to do this as well ( as long as the items are already made )

    plus if you want to edit creature items in NI you need to go to the "Edit" tab and not the "Items/Spells" tab, once you go to the "Edit" tab, go all the way to the bottom, and then you have to "add" another inventory item number ( you will see if there is no item equipped it will be default -1 ), then you need to press the "Add" button below and add "Item" and have that "Item" match the number you made for the inventory slot that item is going to

    Thank you so much! You're right it's SO much easier in EE Keeper! :smile:

    Now I'm trying to edit shops in NI. Don't think I can do that in Keeper sadly. I appear to have added items to a store successfully but they don't show up in game.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,931
    sometimes if you have a game already saved that store will not update

    have you been checking with new games if your stores are updating?

    and what items are you trying to add?
    Baptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 321
    edited July 2021
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    sometimes if you have a game already saved that store will not update

    have you been checking with new games if your stores are updating?

    and what items are you trying to add?

    I have not checked with a new game. That may be it. I was trying to add in some of the items you get from the EE NPC quests to the store so I can buy them.

    Update: I bit the bullet and started a new game and the store edits worked! Thanks again Sarevok!
    Post edited by Baptor on
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,931
    when it comes to store editting, once you have saved a game after you have visited a store ( whether you buy something or not ) it will never change if you edit it afterwards

    but, if you edit a store that you haven't been to yet in a saved game then it will change ( so lets say you just hit athkatla and then saved the game without going to the adventurer's mart, then edited the adventurer's mart, in theory the adventurer's mart should be changed - since you didn't save going there - but once you save your game after going there, then it will not change until you start a new game ) i hope that makes sense
    Baptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 321
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    when it comes to store editting, once you have saved a game after you have visited a store ( whether you buy something or not ) it will never change if you edit it afterwards

    but, if you edit a store that you haven't been to yet in a saved game then it will change ( so lets say you just hit athkatla and then saved the game without going to the adventurer's mart, then edited the adventurer's mart, in theory the adventurer's mart should be changed - since you didn't save going there - but once you save your game after going there, then it will not change until you start a new game ) i hope that makes sense

    I had a sneaky suspicion that was how it worked. This has opened up a whole new world for me. Thank you!
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,931
    you are welcome :)
    Baptor
Sign In or Register to comment.