Skip to content

Wierd Sun in NwN

I don't know how I've missed this small detail in NwN. When testing an area I had thrown together to test an unfamiliar tileset it struck me. Apparently the sun in NwN travels from North to South instead of East to West. At least from both the PC's shadow and the parts of the buildings that were in shadow it would appear so.

So, if I am right on this, any chance of an option to change the suns direction of travel to East to west?

TR

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2021
    @TarotRedhand

At first, I was apprehensive in my agreement with your comment. So long as the Sun's position in the sky was relative to the time of day, I didn't see a problem. After giving it some thought, I have concluded that having the Sun travel from East to West would be more logical. In a fantasy game setting, objects in space could travel in all sorts of directions. Take the Astral Plane, for example. You don't so much as fly through the Astral Plane as you focus on an object floating away from you, then you suddenly gravitate towards that object at high velocity. When you wish to change direction, you focus on another far away object in orbit before colliding with the previous object you were focused on. Beware of the Astral Dreadnought. Thank you for reading. Happy, healthy (both mentally and physically) gaming to all.