Skip to content

[HELP] WeiDU Item Name not getting set correctly.

Hello,

I have a simple mod (entire mod dir structure as a .7z) attached. I have used NI to export the CHAN06 armor and remove the spellcasting disable as a test. I am able to successfully get the effects and the item works great, however the problem is that if I want to change the Item name, I'm getting weird bugs or I've done something wrong and I can't tell what it is. (See the WeiDU_InGameError*.png files)

The mod installs fine (See WeiDU_ModInstalled.png) but In game, the name doesn't show up correctly. Both Identified and Unidentified I am getting random strings instead of the definitions in my .tra file. Here is the code snippet for the WeiDU copy command.
COPY ~AFitems/items/AFCHAN06.ITM~   ~override/AFCHAN06.ITM~       
  SAY NAME1 @100
  SAY NAME2 @101
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @102
  SAY DESC @103

Troubleshooting Done:

Restored Old Dialog.tlk file & Reinstall mod.
Reinstall Game Completely & Reinstall Mod.
Put everything in tp2 file instead of referencing external tra file.

Nothing seems to resolve or get me any closer. Weidu produces no errors and I'm kinda lost here. I've seen tutorials of people doing this, and i'm following this guide: https://youtu.be/0uNX2W4wIfQ?list=PLeOV-aWegI3UBb8mPxmh4dBLpydIqfuPc&t=428

So I'm kinda lost here, It seems to work for others but not me. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

TL:DR; Custom tem names are showing up as '(placeholder) Story Ring' instead of the actual name I provide. How do I fix this/What Am I messing up here?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Have you installed DLC Merger before installing your mod? This is required to make SoD moddable if you downloaded the game from GOG or Steam.
  • afrothundaaaaafrothundaaaa Member Posts: 16
    @argent77, Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't used DLC Merger before, but the game did come from Steam. I'll follow that and see if it fixes this. Sorry if this is a common error, and I just didn't see something.
  • afrothundaaaaafrothundaaaa Member Posts: 16
    @argent77 You were right, as I'm sure you already knew :wink:. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my day. Thank you for your wonderful mod and pre-empting my stupidity.