Skip to content

How to stop Throne of Bhaal from starting...

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
Does anyone know of a way to get BG2EE to stop after Shadows of Amn ends? To either cycle back to the menu screen or even better...to go to the end credits roll?

My goal is to create an experience without the TOB expansion. Obviously a person can wait until TOB starts and then just quit afterwards, but I think it would be neat if the game could actually be stopped at that point.

I am really new to modding - I am mostly tinkering with Near Infinity and the ini file for now - but it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to write in something or take out something would get the game to hard stop before the TOB intro runs.

I'm willing to tinker if anyone can point me in the write direction to start. :smile:

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It should be enough to make the following changes to the script files CUT100A.BCS and CUT100B.BCS:
    IF
      True()
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        DisplayStringWait("suelle2",55256)
        FadeToColor([30.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        StartMovie("END15FPS") 
        SmallWait(1)                // <- remove this line
        StartMovie("INTRO")         // <- remove this line
        Wait(1)                     // <- remove this line
        MultiPlayerSync()           // <- remove this line
        MoveToExpansion()           // <- remove this line
        MoveViewObject(Player1,-1)  // <- remove this line
        EndCutSceneMode()           // <- remove this line
        EndCredits()                // <- add this line
    END

Baptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited August 2021
    argent77 wrote: »
    It should be enough to make the following changes to the script files CUT100A.BCS and CUT100B.BCS:
    IF
      True()
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        DisplayStringWait("suelle2",55256)
        FadeToColor([30.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        StartMovie("END15FPS") 
        SmallWait(1)                // <- remove this line
        StartMovie("INTRO")         // <- remove this line
        MultiPlayerSync()           // <- remove this line
        MoveToExpansion()           // <- remove this line
        MoveViewObject(Player1,-1)  // <- remove this line
        EndCutSceneMode()           // <- remove this line
        EndCredits()                // <- add this line
    END

Thank you! I will try this out and let you know!
    @argent77 OK so I tried it and it does work...sort of. After the final movie it rolls the end credits and everything works great. However when you click done on the credits it sends you back to the Shadows of Amn screen, which is great, but your mouse cursor is gone. I can't select or click on anything. My only option is to alt+tab and manually terminate the program to stop it. I can live with it but if you can think of anything let me know.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Baptor wrote: »
    @argent77 OK so I tried it and it does work...sort of. After the final movie it rolls the end credits and everything works great. However when you click done on the credits it sends you back to the Shadows of Amn screen, which is great, but your mouse cursor is gone. I can't select or click on anything. My only option is to alt+tab and manually terminate the program to stop it. I can live with it but if you can think of anything let me know.

In that case leave the line "EndCutSceneMode()" in the script.
    Baptor
    argent77 wrote: »
    Baptor wrote: »

In that case leave the line "EndCutSceneMode()" in the script.

That did the trick! Thank you so much! Seriously can't thank you enough, your knowledge of all this is incredible.

For anyone wanting to do this too, I've included the files here for your convenience. Just drop them in your Override.
    hazsch