Skip to content

BGEE 2.6.6- water flashing

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
edited August 2021 in Troubleshooting
The water at Bear River seems to flash or flicker for me. This doesn't happen at the Gnoll Stronghold and I haven't noticed it anywhere else (so far). EDIT: This DOES happen at the Gnoll Stronghold and other areas with bodies of water. It seems to be randomly initiated during combat (possibly).

I read that there was a known issue where water flashed at high frame rate... FWIW, I'm running the game at 35 fps via Baldur.lua edit (running it at default 30 fps is honestly an absolute last resort for me).

If it matters, I've also enabled Enhanced Path Search, set Path Search Nodes to 400000, and have set Enable Fog to 1.
Post edited by tl1942 on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2021
    This would seem to be an issue with the water overlays. In the case of AR4600 "Bear River", those are WTRIV.TIS and WTLAKE.TIS, with parameters specified in AR4600.WED. Pathfinding should be completely irrelevant here, as it's a purely graphical issue unrelated to creature movement.
    tl1942 wrote: »
    FWIW, I'm running the game at 35 fps via Baldur.lua edit (running it at default 30 fps is honestly an absolute last resort for me).
    This is almost certainly the cause. And I don't see anything you could really do about it, except go back to the standard frame rate.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Thanks @jmerry
    Back to 30 fps it is then!