Skip to content

Dialogue changed in EE edition? (Confirmed not true!)

ManFromTheFizzManFromTheFizz Member Posts: 18
I remember there was a 4channer awhile back that said Beamdog sjwed some of the dialogue such as Jaheira being too much of a nagging wife and one of the other playable characters being too much of a slut and that certain types of dialogue were censored for EE.

Can any OG pre-beamdog players confirm any of this?

Not trying to stir up and trouble (or name blame) just curious if this has any merit.
Post edited by ManFromTheFizz on

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited August 2021
    The NPC's weren't all that talkative in the original BG. I don't think Beamdog changed any of the original banters. Most of the flack they took was for the Siege of Dragonspear expansion content...
  • ManFromTheFizzManFromTheFizz Member Posts: 18
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    The NPC's weren't all that talkative in the original BG. I don't think Beamdog changed any of the original banters. Most of the flack they took was for the Siege of Dragonspear expansion content...

Which seems like a non-problem to me, Beamdog should have known what types of writers made Baldur's Gate what it is, but if there's a SJW in there as long as it isn't over the top or in your face I have no issues.

Have no fing clue why everyone made such a big huba about it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Beamdog were only allowed to fix spelling and grammar errors in original dialogue. They were never allowed to alter the original script.

I'm still baffled by the number of people who get up in arms when characters follow certain tropes. At what point did we decide that any kind of equality was not only bad, but that just talking about it was also bad?
  • ManFromTheFizzManFromTheFizz Member Posts: 18
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Beamdog were only allowed to fix spelling and grammar errors in original dialogue. They were never allowed to alter the original script.

I'm still baffled by the number of people who get up in arms when characters follow certain tropes. At what point did we decide that any kind of equality was not only bad, but that just talking about it was also bad?

AWESOME!
    Then it's settled let the conspiracy theories die!!!
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    edited August 2021
    I think they were allowed certain very small changes. The one I’m thinking of right now occurs in the Cloakwood, where a certain monstrous figure blames “Jon Icarus” for her condition in the original, and a changed last name in the EE. But that may have been an exception- the details she provides, including his wife being named Tanova, imply that he is in fact the villain from BG2 and that the name was changed later in BG2’s production.