Skip to content

HoF Trio: Berserker(/Cleric), Kensai(/Thief) and Wizard Slayer(/Mage)

YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
Well, I decided to unify my 3 solo HoF gameplays into a single one. ?

Starting party in Easthaven:
Berserker of lvl 29 immediately dual-classed to Cleric
Kensai of lvl 8 with the idea to dual-class to Thief at lvl 29
Wizard Slayer of lvl 7 with the idea to dual-class to Mage at lvl 29.

Warning: If I dual-class my Berserker before importing, (in my new game) it reduces the number of his HP significantly (from 186 to 118)! ?
Balrog99

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited August 2021
    Beserker/Cleric (lvl 29/7) has dual-wielding (3 pips) and grandmastery in flails and maces (inactive). Currently, as Cleric, he uses shield+blunt weapon (Three White Doves, Giving Star+3 and others).

Kensai (now lvl 9) has dual-wielding (3 pips), highmastery in flails and uses 2 Giving Stars+3 (good for self-healing during melees). He's going for grandmastery in flails and longswords (for backstabbing as Kensai/Thief).

Wizard Slayer (now lvl 8) is specialized in 2-handed weapons and has highmastery in quarterstaves (good vs undead as unique 2-handed blunt weapon). She uses Staff of Eron+3 bought in Conlan's Smithy.

What other 2-handed weapon (with grandmastery) do you suggest for my Wizard Slayer? ?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    2-handed sword is probably your best option. Axe allows you to use regular and 2-handed axes though, for those times you might want to use a shield.
    Yigor
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    2-handed sword is probably your best option. Axe allows you to use regular and 2-handed axes though, for those times you might want to use a shield.

Meanwhile my Wizard Slayer got lvl 9 and grandmastery in staffs. ?

How about Spears with the idea to buy the Kinetic Spear in Lonelywood?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Yigor wrote: »

Meanwhile my Wizard Slayer got lvl 9 and grandmastery in staffs. ?

How about Spears with the idea to buy the Kinetic Spear in Lonelywood?

Spears do piercing damage, the worst type for usefulness. It probably doesn't matter much though. Go for it!
    Yigor
    Spears do piercing damage, the worst type for usefulness. It probably doesn't matter much though. Go for it!

All right. ? The accumulation of XP is significantly slower than on solo HoF. ?

Current status: lvl 10/29, lvl 11 and lvl 10 in the beginning of Dragon's Eye. ⛰️?
    Balrog99
    Difficult fights at the 2nd level of Dragon's Eye. Kensai is defensively very weak and can easily die in few seconds. When I played here with a solo Berserker/Cleric, it was easier. LoL ?
    Current status: lvl 13/29 and lvl 13 (both for Kensai and Wizard Slayer) after completing the 4th layer of Dragon's Eye. ⛰️?
    Balrog99
    I'm back to this game. 😎

Current status: Berserker29/Cleric16, Kensai lvl 16 and Wizard Slayer lvl 16 in Severed Hand (chapter 3).
    Current status: Berserker29/Cleric30, Kensai29/Thief1 and Wizard Slayer29/Mage10 in Lower Dorn (chapter 6). ⚙️
  • WulcyWulcy Member Posts: 32
    I strongly advise you try the "Wizard Slayer rebalancing" mod because it's great for solo WSers. It gives you a 10% base MR with additional +2% each level along with other benefits. Also, the WS can dispel on each hit, including ranged weapons.
    Wulcy wrote: »
    I strongly advise you try the "Wizard Slayer rebalancing" mod because it's great for solo WSers. It gives you a 10% base MR with additional +2% each level along with other benefits. Also, the WS can dispel on each hit, including ranged weapons.

Thanks for the suggestion! 👍 I play now on Nintendo Switch, so no mods AFAIK. 😼
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    I have to agree with the others, that the WS kit is underwhelming, and especially so in IWD - it is so bad that I could not hold my self back, and had to post about it….. It sucks. Sorry to say.

I love your ideas and play throughs, but perhaps a more meaningful dual is worth your time? Do a archer 29 —> cleric instead or something even weirder, but spare yourself the tragedy of playing the WS in IWD.
    I have to agree with the others, that the WS kit is underwhelming, and especially so in IWD - it is so bad that I could not hold my self back, and had to post about it….. It sucks. Sorry to say.

I love your ideas and play throughs, but perhaps a more meaningful dual is worth your time? Do a archer 29 —> cleric instead or something even weirder, but spare yourself the tragedy of playing the WS in IWD.

Hahaha I thought about playing the Archer/Cleric, that will be rather Slinger! 😸
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Yes, slings is the way to go.
    There are many great slings in the game - not sure about ammo. But the slings rocks in IWD (pun intended)
    Current status: Berserker29/Cleric30, Kensai29(inactive)/Thief10 and Wizard Slayer29(inactive)/Mage11 in chapter 6a, Lower Dorn, my party has 5 badges. 😎