Skip to content

Ust Natha (Drow City) glitch on PS4

ChanceyPantsChanceyPants Member Posts: 4
Just entered Ust Natha after getting the Drow disguise and my cover is immediately blown as soon as I transition from the tunnels. Any way to fix this? The illusion is just instantly dispelled when I walk through the gate. Completed all of the other quests and areas in the Underdark before approaching the guard, so it’s not a timer thing from what I can tell. I really want to do the Drow quests and I can’t.

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I hope you have a save from earlier in the Underdark.
    Is your party visually appearing as drow when you approach the bridge, i.e. is Adalon's spell definitely active?

And how did your conversation with the guard at the gate go before you entered? Did you give the correct answers, that is, behaved like a drow and were accepted as such?
  • ChanceyPantsChanceyPants Member Posts: 4
    Arvia wrote: »
    I hope you have a save from earlier in the Underdark.
    Is your party visually appearing as drow when you approach the bridge, i.e. is Adalon's spell definitely active?

And how did your conversation with the guard at the gate go before you entered? Did you give the correct answers, that is, behaved like a drow and were accepted as such?

I do have a few thankfully. Spell is definitely working. I believe the conversation went correctly, I’ve tried both bribing and telling them there’s an Elvish battle coming and they let me in. Is there another conversation option that I’m missing perhaps?
    edited August 2021
    I don't remember the exact dialogue with the guard, and because of drow society it's dependent on gender. In any case you need to tell them you're Veldrin from Ched Nasad or something, and act like a drow, i.e. don't even think about apologizing or asking nicely. But if he acknowledged you and let you in, that most likely hasn't been the problem. It might be a bug. I suppose your best chance is loading an earlier save and try again, to see if something went wrong (maybe bribing them etc was suspicious so he let you in but it blew your cover? I have never tried that) or if it's really a bug.

I just tried loading an earlier save from right when I got there, immediately went to Adalon to get the disguise, and went straight to the Drow to see if it was the other missions that were complication, but it still didn’t work. Disguise is blown the moment I enter the city. Just a bug I guess but I’m annoyed that I’m missing out on an entire portion of this chapter. I appreciate the help though
    Update: Okay I just realized I was wrong, I thought the exit to the surface was the way to the city. No bugs, just me getting confused
    That explains it. I was wondering about the odd dialogue.
    Yeah leaving for the surface before you did what Adalon asked of you blows your cover immediately. The entrance to the city is close to Adalon's lair.
    Glad for you that it's not a bug! Have fun.