Skip to content

Save Syncing Using Dropbox

Hi all! Just picked up BGEE for Android. Trying to Sync my saves from my PC version via Dropbox Sync. I have a symbolic link set up on my pc version using a save folder in my dropbox folder, which works. When trying to use Drop Sync on Android, I'm having issues linking the folder to the Data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/saves folder given that its on the android internal storage (Samsung Galaxy Tab A7) - once i try to access the data folder it asks for permission which I say allow. Then i get to the saves folder and select USE THIS FOLDER, but that does not store, and the folder path reverts back to a media folder outside the data folder, for which sync actually works, but BGEE obviously won't access the saves there. I tried overriding the media folder by the use of a copy paste for the path, but it still doesn't work.

FYI, was following the instructions here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/2psf0g/bgee_sync_your_pc_and_android_savegames_over/

I realize these instructions are old and the protocol may have changed. I've also tried moving the installation to the SDCard so I can sync there, but that doesn't seem to work either. It seems the install is forced to the internal storage data folder. Maybe the solution is to set up a symbolic link in the android system? Not sure how to do that though.

Any help is appreciated from anyone who has been able to deal with this issue, thank you!!