Skip to content

Odd One (bug?) With Suggestion of Cause

Game version - Current Retail.

What I am doing - Currently, I am going through a lot of placeable blueprints and updating them. I have a number of tabs open at once. After doing batches of up to 15 of these I resave the module. Once I have done an entire areas placeables blueprints I double check by testing in game.

What happens - As I do more and more of these, the response to the edit call opening the edit dialogue slows down. I thought nothing of this until the weird thing happened. I cleared an area and went to check in game. Once loaded up, the PC was floating in a black void instead of the starting area. They could not move in any direction. Fortunately the in-game menu was still operational and I was able to exit the game without incident. On checking the start area in the toolset the module start ring/arrow thingy had vanished. I had not been working on the start area prior to checking in-game. I had not changed the module start position at all.

From the above behaviour I think it is possible there is a memory leak of some sort that occurs when doing what I am doing. For now, as soon as I notice this starting to happen, I save and exit the toolset.

TR

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Slowing down does sound like a memory leak. You can use a tool to monitor RAM usage and see if it is the case.
    The start location gets relocated on save at random times. I've been noticing that for over a year now. I've never had it move to somewhere unplayable, but I have to re-place it about once every five saves.