Skip to content

2.5 or 2.6 for mod-heavy BG playthrough?

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
edited August 2021 in General Modding
I was hesitant to post this but here goes...

I'm really curious: If you use a mod-heavy BG install (eg 50+ mods), what version are you using?

After two failed playthroughs on two separate 2.6.6 EET installs with 70+ mods (losing all of my progress after dozens of hours), I'm thinking about reverting to 2.5....but for all I know, this will leave me with even more problems now that some mods have explicitly added 2.6 support. And anyway, maybe 2.6.6 really is worth it.

EET+SCS is absolutely required for me, but I worry about game-breaking SCS bugs in 2.6, like unkillable Aec'letec, and this bug (where Sarevok's coronation becomes a permanent dead-end if you have SCS's Improved Final Battle installed): https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82023/2-6-patch-sarevok-coronation-bug-wont-complete

Again, I'm also using dozens and dozens of mods like Unfinished Business, BGNPC, banter packers, tweak packs, NToSC, etc etc etc. Some of these are recently updated and explicitly include 2.6 support, and I always want to use the most up-to-date version of every mod. Would these be broken in a 2.5 install?
Post edited by tl1942 on