Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Hexxat's Throne of Bhaal quest is critically bugged

I cannot for the life of me get Hexxat's Throne of Bhaal quest to work correctly. Before anyone says anything, I'm on the latest EE patch (2.6.6.0), with absolutely no mods. Spoilers for the end of the quest:

When I fought Korkorran (the real one, not the simulacrum in the previous room) I smacked him around, he died, and then collapsed to the ground. After a few seconds I was teleported back to Amkethran and...nothing.

The wiki says he's supposed to get possessed by L and then talk to me, but that didn't happen. Instead I was just teleported back to town. So I reloaded, tried fighting him again. This time he went into a Panic state when he got to low health and became invincible and I couldn't kill him even with Ctrl+Y. So I reloaded and fought him again and he died, and no possession occurred.

I looked up a video online and confirmed he's supposed to die and then have some sort of flower-bloom animation play as L takes his body. But my quest won't move forward. I even tried console-ing myself back to the tomb but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else having this issue? I can provide a save for analysis if necessary.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Korkorran has an immortality item, so he can't die in combat. He's supposed to die by cutscene once you drop his hit points low enough ... but there are ways things can go wrong.

Regarding your main concern, the cutscene that kills him (once you get him below 20 HP) has two variants. If Hexxat is present and able to talk, he gets possessed and L talks to you. If Hexxat is either dead or out of range, he just dies. No finale to Hexxat's personal quest for you.

As for a panic state blocking the death cutscene ... unfortunately, that's a common hazard of the way these things are scripted. The trigger's in the creature's AI, which gets overridden. There's a reason immortality items block fear, stun, sleep, charm, etc. as well as instant death effects. Korkorran also has an effect that should grant immunity to Turn Undead ... how exactly did you cause that panic state? Because that may be a bug in itself.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I cannot for the life of me get Hexxat's Throne of Bhaal quest to work correctly. Before anyone says anything, I'm on the latest EE patch (2.6.6.0), with absolutely no mods. Spoilers for the end of the quest:

When I fought Korkorran (the real one, not the simulacrum in the previous room) I smacked him around, he died, and then collapsed to the ground. After a few seconds I was teleported back to Amkethran and...nothing.

The wiki says he's supposed to get possessed by L and then talk to me, but that didn't happen. Instead I was just teleported back to town. So I reloaded, tried fighting him again. This time he went into a Panic state when he got to low health and became invincible and I couldn't kill him even with Ctrl+Y. So I reloaded and fought him again and he died, and no possession occurred.

I looked up a video online and confirmed he's supposed to die and then have some sort of flower-bloom animation play as L takes his body. But my quest won't move forward. I even tried console-ing myself back to the tomb but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else having this issue? I can provide a save for analysis if necessary.

I have verified your profile, you should be able to upload a save file now to attach it.

Additionally, please report at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal (unless you manage to resolve it somehow, of course).
  • I did actually manage to resolve it, in order for that boss to resurrect and then address the party Hexxat needs to be nearby. Not just nearby, really close to him, not just within his detection range. So I did the fight one more time, then right as he was getting close to being dead had Hex run in and stand directly next to him and the cutscene played as intended.