Skip to content

Making really dark interior

I am trying to make an interior where the player have to rely on a source of light to move around comfortably. The problem is that the player character is always glowing in the dark! When I move away from any source of light in the room, the character lights up with faint pale blue glow. It's really noticeable effect, especially when standing near a wall or some object. Can this be prevented somehow?

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    What race is your character? Sounds like the feat Low Light Vision to me.
    I assume you've already applied 'Reset to black' in the visual tab of the area properties. (Then added any lights, if wanted.)
  • Str8TStr8T Member Posts: 18
    I assume you've already applied 'Reset to black' in the visual tab of the area properties
    Yeah, I've done that. Tried that and torch-lit only. Both settings have similar effect.
    What race is your character? Sounds like the feat Low Light Vision to me.
    Ok, so that's the culprit. I've tested with races which don't have this ability, but they also seem to possess some level of darkvision. In case of human the glow effect is weaker and the light is white instead of pale blue. I wonder if it's intentional, so the player can always see the character or a bug. I attached an examples for human and for half-elf. You can see that in both cases the wardrobe is clearly visible when compared to the surrounding.

Human:
    0ruhvw5mt6p7.png

Half-elf:
    220hrzdl3ywl.png

It would be nice if I could make an interior which is truly dark, at least for races without darkvision, but I guess it isn't really doable without darkness spell effect.
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    It seems like the game has always been like that. I just checked the none EE version and it's the same.
    One of my goals when making some areas, was I wanted to have things like torches or Low Light Vision be useful if not needed.
    Some tile sets are darker and work better like drow interior.

All that being said, I don't last long playing without busting out some light source. It's not enough to see if there are monsters near by or if there's another path you could be taking.