Skip to content

The Ultimate Throne of Bhaal Suicide Squad?

Here's a fun topic. What is the Ultimate Throne of Bhaal Suicide Squad Team?

If you don't know what a Suicide Squad is; first of all, have you been living under a rock? And secondly a Suicide Squad is a group of villains, anti-heroes or anti-villains that have been gathered together to serve the greater good. Usually this is under duress but not always.

That being said what is the Ultimate compilation of said group using the following rules

1. Fully Functional Full Party of Six: Must be able to pick locks, find traps, and cast both divine and arcane spells.
2. Must contain a bare minimum of 4 former antagonists though they are not required to be Evil
3. (Optional) If you desire and you think it would be fun, your 5th remaining companion can be someone who isn't an antagonist and would just be fun to add to the Suicide Squad story (I.e. Minsc or Tiax as examples)
4. Provide fun story and interaction examples for your group(s)

Firstly: A group that is actually possible through the use of heavy modding. Here is my potential roster
1. Charname: Cleric
2. Sarevok (TOB): Muscle
3. Caelar (Shine on Caelar): Muscle
4. Yoshimo (Keeping Yoshimo or Yoshimo's Remorse): Rogue
5. Irenicus (Longer Road): Mage
6. Angelo (Angelo): Mage

Just the thought of all these former baddies teaming up and aiding Charname through Ascension would be just remarkable. I don't imagine most of them would get along. Angelo's mod proves that they can at least tolerate each other's presence but I can't imagine Caelar or Yoshimo not having some words to say about Irenicus.

Angelo isn't likely to care too much about anybody because he's the type of guy that's just happy to be there and somehow I imagine Sarevok and Irenicus having a Stick Measuring Contest about who was the better main villain.

Secondly: An Impossible Group

The Impossible Group still has to follow the three aforementioned rules but is not limited to antagonists that are recruitable through mods. Anybody is fair game! Mutamin? Sure Demonknight? Why not? Demogorgon? If you can give me a great story that go for it.

I can't think of any good groups right now but I promise I will come up with one later

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    You know, there's one BG2 antagonist that was recruitable in BG1 ... Faldorn. Anyone feel like modding a way for her to join after she's defeated at the Druid Grove?

Mae'var (thief/mage) would be another good one. Take down his operation, then make him an offer he can't refuse.

But of course, a party like this needs a minder - someone who may be dark, but isn't an actual villain. Obviously, that's the protagonist. Though you could make that an NPC through console trickery, too. I think Valygar hits the right notes here.
    ZaramMaldovar
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Making the Ultimate compliation requires a bunch of mods, not all of which I'm familiar with, so the only additional options I'm aware of off the top of my head would be Valen and Solaufein, if those count. I also understand there's some talk of a Tamoko mod, but it doesn't look like one really exists for BG2.

Impossible Group is way more fruitful, then. Thinking here:

1. Charname: Thief
    2. Sarevok: Muscle
    3. Lavok: Mage
    4. Tenya: Cleric
    5. Merella: Archer

This party is mostly composed of people getting to grips with the damage they've done, albeit unwillingly in the case of Lavok getting an unwelcome planar hitchhiker and Merella getting possessed by the Shade Lord. Sarevok looks down on the both of them for regretting the loss of so much power, although even he's not immune to the party-wide protectiveness of Tenya, forced to grow up and adapt to the kill-or-be-killed world of Faerun even sooner than Charname.

I could add a sixth party member, but I want to stay as on-theme as possible, and think this is a good size to have the dynamics I want.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    The obvious:

Charname: Fallen Cavalier (just for gimped capabilities)

Sarevok (ToB)
    Viconia
    Hexxat (BG2/ToB)
    Dorn
    Edwin
    Korgan (BG2)
    Montaron (BG1)
    Xzar (BG1)
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Faldorn's in the BG1 Npcs in SoA mod. You can blockade Trademeet and turn it into Dogtown and such as I recall.