Skip to content

Can't connect/Enter game

NeverstormNeverstorm Member Posts: 0
'Ello fellow fans and alike, it is I, the member you don't know!

Basically, me and my friend wanted to play BGEE together, so we decided to venture forth. Alas, we've struck misfortune at every turn and creak. Hamachi, opened the Ports and everything we do seem to fail us.

Let me explain;

When I create a game, everything is fine until we decide to start the game. Apparently the multiplayer session gets terminated and I stand alone with my character and his.

But when I try to connect to his game, my game freezes instantly.

We've both opened Port 47630 and 2300-2399 on UDP and TCP. We also use the compability Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and it yields no result!

I'm not sure where or what the problem is here, so any wisdom you wish to share I shalt partake in.

Take heart fellow travelers; this fight is far from over!

Comments

• NeurologicalNeurological Member Posts: 48
    I'm trying to set up that thing too, would you and your friend try this? http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8280/hosting-a-game-now-hamachi#latest
  • AtansAtans Member Posts: 10
    I have the exact same issues, and I don't know why. My buddy and I have played through BG2 just fine with connecting through hamachi, but neither direct ip or hamachi works for us here.

Real fucking shame, because improved multiplayer was the main reason I bought this. With that out of the window, I might aswell have just used BGTutu or something for an improved playing experience.