Skip to content

Question regarding FPS

I have noticed several folk complaining about the FPS and that it is set at 30fps, which they consider to be too slow. The first time I ever played Baldur's Gate was at the beginning of this year, with Tutu and other mods installed. I had a fantastic time completing it over several months. The FPS was never an issue for me...now and again things got a little laggy with multiple spellcasting but other than that it ran fine.

So now I have the Enhanced Edition installed, and I am struggling to understand what the FPS fuss is all about. For me everything feels faster and slicker compared to my Baldur's Gate experience earlier this year. Even when casting mutiple spells everything feels really smooth. I think if it was at 60 FPS it would feel a bit too fast for me...obviously I have not played it at that speed so cannot confirm how it feels. Are people getting lag and maybe that is what they are finding frustrating? I'm really interested to know because for me this version definitely feels faster overall.