Skip to content

Where are you hiding, Multiplayer Friends? (Vanilla ToTSC Version 1.3.5521, Gameranger, JOIN NOW)

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
EDIT: We've got three people so far. Post here if you want in, we'll probably start next week. Gotta sort out all the stupid time zones.

Me - Fighter, Paladin
Cadros - Mage/Cleric
Zifaro - Ranger/Cleric, Druid, Bard
_
_
_

I've been on Gameranger for a long time looking for people to play from the start. Nobody is ever there. Am I looking in the wrong place? Two months kids and not a single one of you would join my party.

How do I find you in the internets?
Post edited by Ward on

Comments

• ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    I've been playing diablo 2 Median XL over Gameranger and i always see one or two BGII or IWD up there; the only vanilla game i have is the 1st BG, but i dont how smooth the game runs on multiplayer without one or two mods like fixpack and even maybe widescreen. I'll give it a shot if we agree on terms and whatnot; let me know.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    @Zafiro

BG1 runs great on GR, there's just NOBODY on there. BGII games are always running so you can't join in. Zafiro, if you want to play a game of BG then I'm in. I have Diablo 1 as well if you want to try that, but no Diablo 2.

EDIT: I ran the game vanilla, the only time I managed to find anyone their versions were too different. You SHOULD be able to run modded BG on GR if you all have the same ones. The only glitch was one of the people couldn't see the other party members.
    edited June 2012
    @Ward, well im up for it. Let me know if we need Widescreen and maybe tweaks; right now i have the GoG version installed.

P.S. i'm on timezone GMT+2, but i can bend it a little.

P.P.S. Also send me your GR details.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Is Gameranger something like Onlive? Or maybe it just provide the servers, not the games is that it? But since it looks australian what pings does the rest of the world get?
    @Razor, GR is an alternative to Hamachi and Garena. The difference between GR and Garena is you make your own server/room. it's just basic play-over-lan thingy.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    I vaguely tried to play multiplayer a couple of times with my brother but gave up, if any of you are still interested in a week or so's time I will have some free time to play.
    I suggest we play with no mods, latest patch version of ToTSC. That way we know everything will work. If you guys want to do custom mod installations we can try.

@Cadros

Sure, join up. I'll put my details on here later, too lazy to sign into GR. Next week the three of us will venture forth. If anyone else wants to join, let m know.
    sounds good
    Indeed, it does sound good. I should say now i don't have a mic and never used one, not even for raiding in WoW; i sound silly in english anyway, i hope is not a setback.
    edited June 2012
    @Zafiro

I've never used VOIP, don't have a mic either. I can try and set it up but no promises, might be easiest without it. Besides, using voice means you have to imitate your character and nobody wants that do they? :D
    @Ward, heh, i can't even follow for long some of the LPs on Youtube; they read every line and sounds bad.
    Yeah I wonder how annoying it must be playing a game with mics. Nothing would make 6 people talking over each other AND a loud game any good, what a pain. No I don't reckon we'll need mics.

I get to be party leader though >:D I'll whip you soldiers into shape. We ought' plan what our classes are going to be. Fighter or paladin for me no doubt, never liked using magic really.
    edited June 2012
    @Ward, i always stay in back and always play support in multiplayer; i was thinking about a ranger/cleric or run a druid or bard for the 1st time for more than a few steps.
    edited June 2012
    @Zafiro

Nice, whatever you like. Druids never seemed to be much use, but in IWD I founds bards really helpful. Good for scouts, tough (can't wear heavy armour or helmets though) and high lore, pickpocketing. Never tried ranger/clerics before.
    @Ward, you want to use Bioware's PCs? I guess we'll prolly need a thief.
    edited June 2012
    @Zafiro

If we can't get enough people sure. Viconia and Minsc are my favourite, but I don't mind. We'll have to decide what class to choose based on how many people we have, so we can balance it with PCs.

I'm going to get on GameRanger now to see if I can get you in a room, just for testing. Hold on.
    I'll be leaving in 10 min; waiting for the test.:)
    @Zafiro

Alright add Sir Prickface and join my Tales of the Sword Coast room.
    I like cleric mage multi classes, all the spells for me! :D
    @Cadros

Come join us for a test run. We're having patch issues though. He has the gog release and I have the 4 in 1.
    We fix the problem, both of us have version 1.3.5521.
    @Ward Alas I am work, and unable to join you currently :p