Skip to content

MULTIPLAYER PROBLEMS cannot connect to the server (EDIT : FOUND THE PROBLEM)

TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
edited September 2021 in The Road to 2.6
hi,

my english is not super good so i'll try to explain the best I can.

Me and my wife want to make another playthrough, she's playing on a Mac and me on my PC. We both have the latest patch, no firewalls, no mods, super good internet, same settings, windowed, etc. When we both host we see the game, but cannot join it. I tried a bunch of things and I don't understand what's going on.

We decided to try Hamachi (I'm not super friendly with it but we manage to make it work). When she host I can join her game but via the online network (as normal I guess). Wierdly it works, we can play, but man the loadings are endless (I thought it was bugged, but it just took super long). Same thing when she assign different characters and the game load again, it's endless... With the Hamachi ip adress, I can join instantly the game but we canno't start the game, I just get booted. We tried me as host but she can'T join me via online and the same thing happen with the ip adress. WTF?

Can someone explain what's going on? I played a lot of multiplayer since the game released with friends online, even with my wife with my ipad and her Mac. Now we can't even play with the same internet... Is it the match PC Mac that doesnt work?

Thanks!

Post edited by TurinTurambar on

Comments

• TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
    I continued testing via Hamachi and every time there is a save : Quick, auto or hard save, I get booted… everything else seems fine.
    edited September 2021
    Some things that might help :
    - I have windows 10 on my pc;
    - My modem is a home hub 3000 from bell internet (I don’t know if it changes something);
    - I also tried to port forward (I don’t think it worked… I saw in some forums that this modem was not allowing port forward. (Does it make sense?) I also made sure the UPnP was enabled, but I didn’t see any options for the static port mapping.
    - Like I said we are playing on the same (very good) internet connection and I feel it should be easier right? I never had big problems like that before.
    - We both have the beamdog version with different account.
    - Because we have pregen characters (one each) I also tried to put the files each in our respective character bg2 folder.

So if you miss some info to help me out pls ask and I’ll do everything I can. :)
    Post edited by TurinTurambar on
    edited September 2021
    Ok... after trying everything I can possibly think of and reading all forums that exist of multiplayer problems... (really everything) my wife computer's was on the 5 GHZ and mine was on the 2.4 GHZ. THAT'S ALL FFS. Everything works super good without Hamachi!

I hope this will help some people and hopefully you guys doesnt look as stupid as me :S.