Skip to content

Question about Liia and Belt. Contain "spoiler"

Im at the first time in ducal palace where mirror fiends appeared to assassination of the dukes but what happened if both of the dukes died during a fight? Does it affect storyline because I really want to fireball to blow up the place to sky-high lol

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its a game over.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    As for why it would be a game over ... if both Liia and Belt die, Sarevok is the only duke still active. He orders your group executed, and there's no one left with the authority to stop the war.

In theory, the dukes should be able to do pretty well for themselves. Belt is a level 19 fighter, and Liia is a level 16 mage. If Liia knew how to use the spells she has memorized, she would win the battle single-handedly. But with her brain-dead AI, you have to actually save the dukes, too.

It wouldn't disrupt the plot if the dukes could reliably save themselves. Your objective here is to stop the war, and you need to present your evidence to the dukes to do that. If you weren't there, the war would still be on even if the dukes defended themselves handily.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    One of the things I really like about SCS, the Dukes will finally defend themselves.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I have to admit I haven't actually won BG that many times (I usually succumb to restartitis long before then). But I've never had either of the Dukes die ever. Even the first time I played way back in 1999. Am I just lucky?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    I have to admit I haven't actually won BG that many times (I usually succumb to restartitis long before then). But I've never had either of the Dukes die ever. Even the first time I played way back in 1999. Am I just lucky?

If you only play with full parties and prepare carefully for the fight then you can save both dukes reasonably reliably. However, if you've done that quite a few times without failure then you're either a good player or pretty lucky ... :p
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I got a game over during that fight once without losing one of the dukes and I'm still not sure why. I think I was insta-killed because one of my party attacked one of the dukes under Chaos.

@wizardforthewin fireballs are a bad idea then, even if nobody gets killed. Web on the other hand doesn't turn neutral people hostile, for example.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I just did a solo run with a f/m/t and didn't have to do a re-load for that battle. I don't even recall it being an issue. I did play with no xp cap and had about 2 million xp though so maybe I was too Uber to notice.

I recently wiped all my mods though and have started a run with a Cavalier. I'm about to take on the bandit camp so have a ways to go before Sarevok. With the xp cap in place this run will be a better indicator.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Winski will instakill the protagonist if you touch either of the Dukes, which is kind of ironic, really.