Skip to content

Tyrants of the Moonsea: can't use map in Navigation Cabin

EzekialJeansEzekialJeans Member Posts: 2
edited September 2021 in Technical Support
Hey there - I'm a good chunk through TOTMS and suddenly I can't use the map anymore in the Navigation cabin. When I'm in the ship and click the world map, I just get a message that says "Use the door to exit." I've tried leaving and coming back but I get the same message every time.

If I go back to a much earlier save, things are working normally, but I don't want to lose all those hours of gameplay. I can turn onDebugMode in console commands to bring the map up, but Zhentil Keep isn't selectable, so I can't progress the game.

I saw in the latest update that they added "Prevented use of the map inside the navigation cabin after traveling to a destination." I'm assuming this is tied to that change. I submitted a bug report and hope this is something Devs can fix, but any other suggestions are welcome.
Post edited by EzekialJeans on

Comments

• PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    Seen someone else with this issue and the workaround is...

Enter the ship cabin but before using the map
    Hit ‘ to open the console and type DebugMode 1 then Enter.
    Hit ‘ again and type dm_setvarint sWM_DidTravel 0 then Enter, then target your character.
    Hit ‘ once more and type DebugMode 0

If you have any idea regarding the point at which this happened, e.g. following which 'ship journey' it would help greatly in tracking this down!
  • EzekialJeansEzekialJeans Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much! Worked like charm. I'm not certain what my last ship journey was. I know I was stuck in Thentia when it happened . It looks like the last quest I completed was Elf in Chains so maybe I was coming back from Melvaunt. It could also be around the encounter when the ship is ambushed by underwater guys with spears. Here's my completed and current quests below:

kwscbxwy3tdi.jpg
    z05qwcyoe871.jpg

• PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2021
    Thanks for the extra info, EzekialJeans :-)