Skip to content

EE Cutscenes Still Bugged

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
This has been an issue I've consistently gotten since 2.5 in both Rasaad and Neera's questlines. Whenever the game goes into "cutscene mode" before an npc initiates dialogue (when the ui disappears and the camera moves over to the speaker), the game softlocks. Nothing freezes and sounds and character animations play normally, but the npc NEVER starts their dialogue. So every just stands around, forever.

Notable instances are when Neera "ambushes" the party when they leave the bridge district, Hammerhelm's speech at the outdoor ampitheatre, and the monk ambush when leaving the ampitheatre. These all have consistently gotten stuck for me. It gets to where I have to use the console to warp around and make sure not to ever recruit Rasaad.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    It's always been an intermittent glitch for me. Cutscene breaks, go back to the save I made just beforehand and it works fine. This very lack of consistency makes it pretty much impossible to fix, though.

If a particular cutscene always breaks for you, that might be a problem with the scene's script or the NPC's dialogue in your copy of the game files.