Skip to content

What mods would you always use in BG?

I can't really play BG anymore without some type of mods to change it drastically. Stuff like SCS is a very complete overhaul of everything, and I can always disable the challenging parts of it if my brain gets lazy and want everything easy. I might swap it some of the other overhauls next time as it is often the nature of such large scale mods to be mutually exclusive and I don't know nearly enough about the alternative gameplay changing mods to mix them with SCS.

I feel like BG2 in a lot of ways is very pushy. Always pushing me around telling me to do all kinds of things and to make it snappy. So that feeling informs a lot of the decisions I make in what I put into the game. To continue with the list of big BG changing mods I never did like the beginning of BG2, just the whole transition from BG1 to 2 really flies past us as the players and SoD did a lot to fix this but I still made assumptions about the player characters companions that subtracts from player agency in a huge way. Then the game tells me to hurry up and help Imoen, and to hurry up and help the elves, always hurrying, no time to meditate and enjoy stuff. Even the ending of BG2 kind of throws you from the battle in hell straight into the action again without getting to have a breather and finish off sidequests, so I am in the process of a new BG2 game with that transitions mod for my first time which says it enables this lull in the games story. In this same playthrough I am trying Imoen4ever, because I do not her missing for 1/2 the game and. I always like the mod skip chataue Irenicus because it was good the first few times, but then it starts feeling like a tutorial area. This isn't a BG2 mod, but I like the endless BG1 mod too, because of all the things it does, one of them involves letting the game persist after Sarevok and the choice to continue with SoD or to skip it. As I said, I like having choices.

Comments