Skip to content

Any clue which mod of mine is altering spell interuption? Or 2.6.6?

DavidADavidA Member Posts: 11
Hi all,

Welcome 2.6.6!

My memory of vanilla was that any damage to any character resulted in their spell cast failing.
The only exception was that there were certain scripted fights, like Mulahey in BG Nashkel mines, which will get off their spells 100% no matter what.

The install I have now damage only interupts maybe 1 in 8 times. 7 times they will continue casting regardless of how much damage is taken.

My question is this: As I have 99% of the same mods as usual (Ascension, Questpack, Wheels, Item Rev, Spell Rev, SCS, CDTweaks, Randomiser), I'm wondering what changed, is there a mod update anyone knows of that effected this?

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Im looking through the weidu and spell revisions readme to see what it may be.

Thank you!

(Weidu attached)

Comments

• DavidADavidA Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2021
    So I think I figured it out:

Basically theres a file called concentr.2da in the overide folder which I opened with notepad which was set to '1'. I change it to '0' and now it seems to work as before.

Im 99% sure this used to be '0' as default in 2.5 as I've never changed this ever before on a fresh install.
    Maybe a mod I have changed it? But as I'm using the same MODS as usual dont think so, but possible.

Maybe it is new to 2.6 in general, or 2.6.6 specifically to have it set to '1' as default?

Any ideas welcome, thank you!

UPDATE: I did a fresh install in a new folder. 2.6.6 doesn't seem to have a concentr.2da file at all, so it must be from a MOD but I cannot figure out which.

I did a search to see if there is a 'concentr.2da' file in a mod folder but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

In the BG2EE 2.0 patch notes
    Spellcasting Failure (16669)
    The way that spellcasters fail after taking damage has
    been externalized to CONCENTR.2da. By default, any
    damage a spellcaster takes will cause them to fail their
    spellcasting.
    CHECK_MODE
    0 Any damage
    1 (1d20 + luck) vs. (spell level + damage taken)
    2 (1d20 + Concentration ) vs. (15 + spell level)
    Note from the Developers: This is inspired by a feature
    from ToBEx. Be aware that Baldur's Gate games have
    no Concentration skill; using that option will use a basic
    1d20+luck formula for the caster's check.
    Post edited by DavidA on
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited October 2021
    Concentration comes from ToBEx but it has an error (probs a typo) in the EE implementation. Subtledoctor still rants about it regularly on G3.

You can run
    weidu --log nul --change-log concentr.2da

to see which mod/component introduced it. I suspect SR, but that's because I don't play with that one.
  • DavidADavidA Member Posts: 11
    Hiya,

I didnt figure out to run the weidu command (does one download weidu separately?) however after playing around on a fresh install and only SR installed I can confirm it is the mod that changes it.

(concentration checks using 1d20+luck etc to be set to 1/ 'on')

I now need to give it a try with it being on...

THanks

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    For future reference, all of the setup-MOD executables are renamed WeiDU executables and you could rename any of those for this command.