Skip to content

TIL that, do do an EET install in Windows...

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,093
1) At least for Windows 7 (which my VM is running), you need to run PI (or CMD.EXE) as administrator or the EET components will fail to install. This, sadly, is the SECOND time I wasted hours figuring this out.

2) Unfinished Business and Sirene (for BG1) both have to be installed prior to EET. PI can do this automatically, but you have to remember to put them ahead of it in the install order. Unfortunately. PI scrolls past the errors so fast that it's easy to miss them.

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    I never ran into 1). What are your game paths? Also PI pauses on errors by default.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    1) I make it a point to never install games to Program Files in order to not need to elevate when hacking/modding.
    2) In general, BG1-exclusive content can be installed before setting up EET, but it's better if the mod maintainers directly support EET. EET can work with both but it's harder to bugfix once EET 'clobbers' the BG1 modlist.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    2) is less and less preferred these days though. 13.4 axed a fair amount of older mods which can be installed native from import support and K4thos is aiming to get more and more mods up to native support, because of the clobbering.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,093
    Unfortunately, both Sirene and Unfinished Business absolutely will not install after EET start. I tried it manually as well, and it errored out due to not finding a compatible game.

I am wondering if this is why I am having some issues with Skitia's Emily mod.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    UB failing on EET is interesting, since it does support BGT; I'll ask if there are plans to support EET. In the meantime BG1UB will have to be installed before EET.

And you already asked in the Sirene thread so bleh