Skip to content

[Android] BG1EE / BG2EE Mod Issues After New Patch

RalloRallo Member Posts: 4
edited December 2021 in General Modding
The new 2.6.6 patch seems to have broken the parts of my mods that relate to dialog.tlk.

I had SCS and Tweaks Anthology working perfectly on BG1 and 2, and now on BG1 I'm getting missing text in items/spells/etc and in BG2 character voices and scripts seem to be broken(even vanilla AI scripts and vanilla voices are unavailable in the menus).

Has anyone noticed any changes made by the new patch that would require a different method of adding mods?

It seems like updates should make modding on Android MORE accessible, not more difficult. Any info on what they screwed would be great, thanks!

Comments

• UnalomePUnalomeP Member Posts: 1
    I think I stumbled on a way to make the modded Dialog.tlk work in 2.6. I dropped the zipped and centralfix.exe-ed Lang.zip file in both the "files" folder (next to override and savegames) and another in the obb folder next to the main and patch obb files. Didn't have to touch the obbs themselves and I don't get "invalid" text all over the place anymore. That's success, right?
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Updating a game that has mods installed in the middle of a run will in most cases cause issues with the mods. Therefore on PC it's usually best to copy the whole game directory to another place and install the mods there, not in the original one. In Android that's not possible unfortunately, and it's a bit late now to advise you to disable auto updates.
    But if you found a solution to repair the dialogue, that sounds good. Just expect there might be more troubles along the way.