Skip to content

Note on map causes crash

Title sums it up pretty well, its happened to me on the Temple map east of Bergost. This happen to anyone else?

Comments

• sbail1sbail1 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, it has crashed back to desktop the three times I've tried, each time on a different map.
  • notadrifternotadrifter Member Posts: 1
    Mine crashes to dashboard when I click on any note on any or map or attempt to add a note to any map. Using:
    Windows 7 x64 (SP1) on 8GB of mem and using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460. Compatibility issue, maybe?
  • nullraydknullraydk Member Posts: 2
    Same here, tried to mark spots in different areas and got the same results...seems to happen when you try to choose the color of the marker for me...dont know if that is relevant or not.
  • nullraydknullraydk Member Posts: 2
    sooo this time instead of choosing what color marker i wanted, i typed what i wanted to name my marker and THEN chose my marker's color. Funny thing though, when i did this, the accept button goes blank and shaded. Looks like you cant click it but i tried clicking on it and it set my marker where i had right clicked on the map! Seems like it might be a glitch or something
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Yes this is a common issue. Does it make any difference if you bring up the map with the GUI button or with the keyboard shortcut ("M")?
  • SerephSereph Member Posts: 23
    Well I suppose I'm glad its not just me. And upon attempting it to answer Zeck I've found I no longer have the issue, so it must have gotten fixed in this patch. @notadrifter I have a very similar set of hardware so you might want to check it out as well.
  • SkydreeSkydree Member Posts: 36
    I remembered I had read one of these posts, so of course without saving, curiosity got the better of me. I had just finished exploring a whole area too. Damn you guys! XD
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Skydree Can you send the crash dump file (located in Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Crash) to beamdmp@gmail.com? I'll make sure it gets forwarded on, see if we can't nip this thing faster.