Skip to content

No Circles

So, I fired up BG EE last night and while it's great and runs pretty well on my laptop (guess I'm one of the lucky ones), there is one problem.

There are no circles around NPCs, or around my party, or the enemies, or anyone at all...

I understand there are bigger issues right now and I'm grateful that I can even play the game, still this is really bugging me. And it's making some of the playing a little tough.

Also, and this is really just superfluous; the darkness/shroud/fog of war is not there. Kinda makes it hard to see where I've been.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• KaldaienKaldaien Member Posts: 17
    Did you try the locator feedback level? There is a setting where you can have the circles show up CONSTANTLY on the one extreme, and only when SELECTED on the other extreme.

The fog of war would be a game breaker for me. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Absolutely random thought here: have you tried setting Always Dither, Weather, Infravision?

In the absolute worst case, you might try setting 'Program Options', 'Backwards Compatible 3d', '1', in baldur.ini (My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\baldur.ini)
  • forgotten_wolfforgotten_wolf Member Posts: 28
    does the screen flicker or anything? i had this problem i had to load the game in window mode then alt+enter into fulls screen before circles showed up....also if you hold down tab does things light up?
  • Oldbones2Oldbones2 Member Posts: 4
    That fixed EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks so much.

You're my hero.

But I'm still wondering what caused this and if there is a permanent fix available?
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    Hey guys, I had the same problem. The fix worked a dream. Probably want to add this fix to the FAQ section.

I'm on a Samsung i7 3610QM. 4 gigs of Ram and a Radeon HD 7670M/Intel HD 4000.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    @Oldbones2 @WonKo which fix are you talking about?
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2012
    Hey @zeckul checkout @forgotten_wolf 's post. I was having flickering and no rings but following the instructions in his post sorted it out. I guess its less of a fix and more of a workaround. The solution wasn't immediately obvious to me so it might be worth adding to the FAQ.
  • Oldbones2Oldbones2 Member Posts: 4
    Forgotten Wolf's idea is the 'fix' I was referring to.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Oldbones2

There is no fog of war in candlekeep- did you notice it missing outside of there?
  • bobo696bobo696 Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone,
    I have the same problem, no rings around any character... But the fix does not work for me... Any ideas how to overcome this issue ?
    I have an intel HD 4000 graphics chip
  • bobo696bobo696 Member Posts: 11
    sorry, it actually works !
    thanks
  • nice_onenice_one Member Posts: 1
    Kaldaien said:

Did you try the locator feedback level? There is a setting where you can have the circles show up CONSTANTLY on the one extreme, and only when SELECTED on the other extreme.

The fog of war would be a game breaker for me. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Absolutely random thought here: have you tried setting Always Dither, Weather, Infravision?

In the absolute worst case, you might try setting 'Program Options', 'Backwards Compatible 3d', '1', in baldur.ini (My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\baldur.ini)

So far after the install I had the circles around characters, lines around a selected character portrait and fog of war. After closing the game and starting it again they all disappeared.

I then edited the baldur.ini file as described and they reappeared, then disappeared again after restarting my computer.

I've re-edited the baldur.ini to what you listed but I cannot get them to reappear even after saving the file......

• vsoi1vsoi1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem of the flickering screen in the beginning and no circles around characters. Fog of war is gone. Characters are not locatable by circles on the map. The tab button does not show available items to be picked up. I tried starting up in windows mode and switching to full screen but it did not work. I might not be doing this correctly. Do you just click off the option for full screen mode and then enable it again when you load up. If this is the case it is not working. Any thoughts?
  • RivenshieldRivenshield Member Posts: 1
    Had the same problem and it is very easy to fix. Just go to the graphics option unclick full screen so that the game is in window mode. Save the game. Exit the game and relaunch. The game will now have no flicker on the opening page, circles around characters and NPC's and fog of war is back. Better still by now reactivating the full screen mode you can play in full screen with all the fixes. Don't forget to save in window mode when you log out. Happy Sarevok hunting!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Rivenshield i think alt-enter (as suggested earlier) is a bit faster for switching fullscreen mode.
  • BathionBathion Member Posts: 1

Had the same problem and it is very easy to fix. Just go to the graphics option unclick full screen so that the game is in window mode. Save the game. Exit the game and relaunch. The game will now have no flicker on the opening page, circles around characters and NPC's and fog of war is back. Better still by now reactivating the full screen mode you can play in full screen with all the fixes. Don't forget to save in window mode when you log out. Happy Sarevok hunting!

Thank you! I have been having this problem for EVER!