Skip to content

Is the game playable in its current state?

After some problems with the stand-alone installer, I have finally managed to install the game. It loads fine, I can create a new character, and so far it runs smoothly, too. Before I invest more time: How playable is the game in its current state? Are there any major, game-breaking bugs? (Earlier posts seem to suggest this.)

Also, how to get a patch for the game? The Beamdog client doesn't work for me (it always claims 'limited connectivity').

Comments

• Corvus_MetusCorvus_Metus Member Posts: 19
    I'm playing it just fine - I can't play in full-screened mode, mind you - not sure why, but I don't have any real problem.
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    Seems to vary pretty wildly from person to person. Folks without Intel Chipsets are having more graphics problems.

Personally, my game's been fine, other than that modding is now a gigantic pain in the ass.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited November 2012

Seems to vary pretty wildly from person to person. Folks without Intel Chipsets are having more graphics problems.

I
    Personally, my game's been fine, other than that modding is now a gigantic pain in the ass.

think you mean "people WITH intel chipset having more graphics problems.".. :)
    I assume it's a typing error. :)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited November 2012
    Game runs just fine for the majority of users. Folks with problems are just understandably more vocal.

I haven't had any problems at all, and if you have the game up and running, most likely you won't either.
  • VadrielVadriel Member Posts: 20
    There seems to be broken quest lines with two of the new characters.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    I am up to chapter 7 in the main game, I have beat the Black Pits which was great the dialogue and voice action is alot of fun escp. from the husband and wife my girlfriend and I got a chuckle out of it a couple of times. I have Neera in my party she is great I had something odd happen to her dialogue when I returned to baldurs gate I finished her quest line without any issues other then it being difficult at level 1 I had fuzzy text when I first started the game but that was with my own pc settings which wasnt to hard to fix. I havent tried Rasaad I think his dialogue was glitched when I saw him he kept repeating the same lines over and over again the same thing every 3-5 seconds so I just left him there. I am quite happy with the game =)
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Highly playable.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It's playable for me, however I think I'm going to hold on for a little bit in anticipation of a speedy patch to address the most immediate problems.

I really don't want to run into a bug which may potentially spoil my enjoyment of the remainder of the game. In the meantime I'm having fun thinking and rolling for characters.