Skip to content

How do I get my characters to move faster than the default speed without constantly using haste?

I used to fix this problem with the Tweaks Anthology but for some reason it stopped working and when I tried to reinstall it the window would hang right when it asked what language I wanted the installation in. I currently cast haste constantly and thats annoying af. Can anyone think of a way I can either do it without modding? (Or how I might fix the problem that won't recognize any keyboard input the moment it asks for the preferred language?)

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    You can increase the speed of the entire game by upping the framerate.

baldur.lua in the bg folder in your documents.

Open it with just about any text program and search for the word framerate.

30 is defuault.. i usually play at 40-45'ish, just to make the animations smoother and a bit faster movement.
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    Khyron wrote: »
    You can increase the speed of the entire game by upping the framerate.

baldur.lua in the bg folder in your documents.

Open it with just about any text program and search for the word framerate.

30 is defuault.. i usually play at 40-45'ish, just to make the animations smoother and a bit faster movement.

thanks buddy :)
  • MartianTimeSlipMartianTimeSlip Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2022
    You have another option if you don't want to up the framerate - the Tweaks Anthology mod at Gibberlings3 as an option to have character movement speed outside of combat by various increments.

Might be helpful if you want travel across maps to be quicker but dont necessarily want combat to run faster

Haha just read your original post in full - ignore me!

Although you could also use EE Keeper to mod in Boots of Speed for everyone.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2022
    There's also a handy component of The Tweaks Anthology that has a feature that speeds up movement ONLY OUTSIDE OF COMBAT, i.e. combat movement is normal speed unless you have boots of speed on etc. Much less of a cheat than consoling in boots of speed for everyone right off the bat. It can be considered a tiny bit cheaty because moving around exploring faster means slightly more exploration/local travel is possible before buffs expire, whereas speeding up the entire framerate also speeds up the game engine's 'clock' making buffs expire faster. On balance, it also makes exploring dungeons more risky for newer players who don't remember where every trap is, because you may end up moving faster than usual into a trap trigger before someone has time to detect it (vs if you speed up the framerate everything is faster, including trap detection iirc)
    There's also a handy component of The Tweaks Anthology that has a feature that speeds up movement ONLY OUTSIDE OF COMBAT, i.e. combat movement is normal speed unless you have boots of speed on etc. Much less of a cheat than consoling in boots of speed for everyone right off the bat. It can be considered a tiny bit cheaty because moving around exploring faster means slightly more exploration/local travel is possible before buffs expire, whereas speeding up the entire framerate also speeds up the game engine's 'clock' making buffs expire faster. On balance, it also makes exploring dungeons more risky for newer players who don't remember where every trap is, because you may end up moving faster than usual into a trap trigger before someone has time to detect it (vs if you speed up the framerate everything is faster, including trap detection iirc)

I can't install that mod anymore... it asks me for the install language i want but is unresponsive from there can you help?
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Just play with a party consisting entirely of monks and barbarians.
    Just play with a party consisting entirely of monks and barbarians.

cute