Skip to content

Translators and Moderators needed!

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
We are currently seeking volunteer translators for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition new releases and moderators for the sub forums. If interested, please send a message to @CameronTofer with your e-mail address and what you are interested in doing. If there is no category for your language, we can add it.

Thanks,

Dan
Post edited by CameronTofer on

Comments

• LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Well, despite being German, I always only played the english version (non-english versions and mods never meshed well). So while I'm good at translating stuff, I'm not familiar with the original German translation and might translate something differently from the original translators. However, as long as this doesn't matter I'd be glad to assist.
  • ConphantusConphantus Member Posts: 51
    What languages are relevant?
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    I can translate into English if that's of any help...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited June 2012
    Dont have so much time , but i could do some Danish translate :O)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2012
    @Lunever, i'm pretty much like you, i have a preference for play things in their original language if i can understand, as see movies and play games in english (with english legend) or see movies and play games in german, french, japanese voices and portuguese legends).

What i hate most is voiced translations, that normally fuck the climate.

By the way, there's a lot of translations out for the old games, if the original content is not going to be changed is a little pointless ask for translators now, as you can even take 3 or 4 modded translates for each language and compare them. I believe the translators are only needed for the extra content that will be add in the EE, no?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Its possible that the translators are only for the announcements on the website.
    Well, I have extensive translation experience and I'm absolutely willing to do forum translations & forum moderation as well as new game content translation. If everything is already taken care for, fine, and if there is need, I'd be glad to help out.
  • SoulafeinSoulafein Member Posts: 15
    Could you be more specific? I can translate into spanish (I'm from Spain) but my english is not good enough to translate extended things (like whole conversations), I could help with vocabulary (for example items and places' names).
    By the way, im confused; Baldur's gate 1, 2 and the expansions were translated into many languages so if the new team asked for help to translate the extra content... that's why there will be so much extra content, right?
    Again, my english is not wonderful.
    edited June 2012
    I would like to contribute something to the game more than mere forum posting too. I'm available as a German translator for posts as well as for content, as a moderator, and as a beta-tester, if you still have room for assistance. I have experience with all of these functions. Please let me - and everybody else - know, how we can support this great project.

Post edited by Lunever on
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited June 2012
    I test beta too and make very good coffee for all you cool devs;) No serious i dont apply to be a translator that would ruin the game.
    How does anyone become a beta tester? I don't remember them handing out flyers for that.
    They choose their own people I guess, which is why it probably pointless mentioning.
    Still I mentioned it because I would like to contribute more and are available for various contributions, wherever there is still need for it.
    edited June 2012
    They choose their own people I guess, which is why it probably pointless mentioning.
    Still I mentioned it because I would like to contribute more and are available for various contributions, wherever there is still need for it.
    It seems it's probably reddit group participation that does it.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    It seems it's probably reddit group participation that does it.
    It isn't :-)
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    I sent my request and hope to help in this epic project
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    I'm interested with this offer. I have a wide experience with forum moderating.
    I will apply.
  • lordcarsteinlordcarstein Member Posts: 8
    Do you know if this offer is still open ?
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    Do you know if this offer is still open ?
    I don't know but since this thread is not yet closed, I thought so.
  • ReEpERReEpER Member Posts: 3
    Hi! I send a my time ago to you guys, telling you about help for the translate to spanish : ), Cameron send me a E-mail. I can help with the spanish and if you want "catalan" :P Regards.
  • AddivestAddivest Member Posts: 1
    Translating the best game of all time to Icelandic, would be an epic honor :D
  • iLexiLex Member Posts: 20
    @Addivest I think this is about translation of forum messages though.
  • xan212xan212 Member Posts: 65
    This is good for translate:
    http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/

Inbal natha bwael tangi!
    @DanBoulos: People like @Tanthalas already do a fine job moderating the forum. However, you might consider making me a moderator for the "Deutsch" subforum - I guess someone who actually is a native speaker should do that (unless there already is someone qualified doing it). I would like to do a couple of minor grammar corrections to the German announcements, but I need editing rights to do it.
  • RillianRillian Member Posts: 3
    Do you guys found someone to do the portuguese translation?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited July 2012
    @Rillian

They already have someone that's been translating the news at least.
  • RillianRillian Member Posts: 3
    @Rillian

They already have someone that's been translating the news at least.
    Nice!!

This is the best RPG I ever played. Love BG!!!

• wx0891wx0891 Member Posts: 6
    I can try to help to Translate into Chinese if the workload is not too much. Everyday one hour?
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    Hi everyone!

I am a native english speaker (mother) and also spanish (father). Currently living in Spain, could put in some hours in the afternoons and weekends.

I know someone else has already offered but I could help with spanish translations or sub forums, or whatever you may need. I think it would be awesome to be of some help for you guys, especially if we can cook this any sooner! Just cannot wait to get my hands on BGEE!
  • ScaroScaro Member Posts: 1
    I could help if you guys need any Spanish or Portuguese translation I can speak and write both languages perfectly, just let me know !
    Cheers!!!
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    I just finished a 5 month internship at Eline-Media in New York. The duties I did were moderating, game-testing, looking for featured games, music recommending and other basic duties. I have made 15 fixes/changes during beta tests at Soldak Entertainment's action/rpgs-Dins Curse and Drox Operative. I have also committed to some beta testing in other places in New York (Glow Interactive.)

I know baldurs gate 1 and 2 like the back of my hand and have completed them each 3 times. If you are interested in someone for a moderator position or something else, I'd really like to do that as the more experience I can gain, the better. My name is Dave and if you are interested my email address is-

deathknight1728@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.