Skip to content

Has anyone ever modded the resting mechanic?

BettaGeorgeBettaGeorge Member Posts: 12
One thing that has bugged me in every BG run I have ever done: no matter what you do, you will always rest for exactly 8 hours.

That is fine and dandy with respect to the DnD rules, but it happens far too often that my party arrives at an inn around 6pm, rests … and continues their adventure at 2am, in total darkness. Without manually increasing the contrast, I can see basically nothing in outside areas at night, and besides, who the Hades gets up at 2am if they don't have to. But there is no way to skip the next three or four hours until the sun comes up.

Are there any mods out there that allow resting for times that are not multiples of 8? Or am I just the only one bothered by this?

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @BettaGeorge
    I've been working with @Grammarsalad on a downtime mod for EET, but I know of no presently available mods that do this. Some may exist.

I too have been sometimes bugged by resting for exactly 8 hours when I want to rest notably less or more.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    You can enable debug console and use CTRL+T to pass time by hour.
  • BettaGeorgeBettaGeorge Member Posts: 12
    Pecca wrote: »
    You can enable debug console and use CTRL+T to pass time by hour.

That's a brilliant workaround, thank you! Daylight adventuring, here I come.