Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (Essay)

FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
Hey all,

I recently made a video talking about the new rerelease of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Considering it's Baldur's Gate (and D&D) adjacent, I figured some might be interested in it. It's in a video essay format, but is relatively short (8 minutes). Feedback is appreciated!

https://youtu.be/h-8fLWsDpNE

I also started a playthrough of the game's extreme difficulty, effectively a New Game+. I play as the Arcane Archer and try to get through it as efficiently as possible. That can be found here.

Anyone else as big a fan of these games as I am? They were a huge part of my childhood and I really hope they get around to porting over the second game, as well.

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I'm having fun playing it for first time on GoG. I feel like it was a bit overpriced for a rerelease with no changes at all (no features is the thing I'd expect for a $30 port of a game a couple of decades old). Regardless, it's definitely a blast to play, and I haven't experienced any bugs. I'm running an Arcane Archer on normal to start. I'm only at the end of the first part though.

I never got to play these when they came out (well, I tried it out in a store but that's it), so I'm glad this got ported. I hope the second does, and maybe the other games in the engine (I read in a GoG review there are a couple more, but that's about all I know about that). It's too bad it wasn't released as one collection of games with some features added, but I'm excited just to play this regardless.