Skip to content

BG2EE MOD IDEAS

Grumnar1982Grumnar1982 Member Posts: 16
So I have been thinking of stuff for a long time now. Ever since I first discovered about the modding community. I am no coder. I have a basic understanding of how things work. I can create new items fairly well, and I have looked into just about everything else briefly. But I am by no means capable of making my own mod. But Below are some ideas that i was wondering were possible to include. I am unsure if this is the correct place to post this, so if not I apologize.

New Weapon:
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can or has made new BAM files for BG2EE. I am specifically looking for someone to make a Scythe BAM. I feel the game is missing one of the greatest weapons in the Scythe. The animation can use the quarterstaff animation, and for all I care it can use the Halberd paper-doll, but I need something for the inventory equipped screen and the item description screen. If this is not possible, just let me know.

I have looked in BAM converters and such, but it is way above what I understand of modding the game.

New HLAs:

I feel that the current HLAs are pretty boring. Without the addition of some mods, the mage would run out of options really quickly. I was wondering if it is possible to create new HLAs? I have looked into creating new spells and kits before...but never got them to work properly.

Examples:
--- Improved Critical (fighters/thieves/rangers/etc) Grants the character a +5% chance to achieve a critical strike with any weapon wielded. Can be taken 1 time. Require like 25-30 level or something.

--- Legendary Strength/Wisdom/etc. (for any class) Grant a +1 permanent bonus to appropriate ability score. Each can be taken 1 time. Require like 25-30 level.

--- Increased Reach (this one I honestly have no clue if it is possible) Increases range of a melee weapon by 1. Fighters/thieves/rangers/etc. Requires 25-30 level or something.

Spell casters are tougher to make. Especially since I do not know if creating -metamagic- like abilities is possible. Things like Maximize Spell, Extend Spell, Enlarge Spell, etc.

Increasing Proficiency ranges:
I mean like giving the weapon style the ability to progress past their current limits and giving them something else? In the same mindset, adding new properties to what weapon styles can add to.

I want to create an archery weapon style for those who like using missile weapons, but last time I tried to create it...I could not figure out how to implement the actual effect into game. I got the proficiency screen to show the new style, but it did nothing.

That is all for now. Sorry if this is too long or posted in the wrong place. Hopefully I can get some feedback on this.

Comments