Skip to content

Chain Lightning (SPWI615.SPL)

Zendog7Zendog7 Member Posts: 31
Hi all.
Quick question that I hope someone could help with if it's a reasonably quick fix.
Basically in IWD this spell is not party friendly unlike in BG.
I would like to make it party friendly again - it's a feature of a modded weapon I made for BG and have imported into IWD and it'd be nice not to maybe wipe my whole (low level) party on a crit!
Thanks in advance.

- Side note to people who put their mods out for public enjoyment.. you guys are doing the lord's work and it is appreciated, thank you, so much cool content!

Comments

• Dan_PDan_P Member Posts: 124
    edited January 2022
    SPWI615.SPL is a different spell in IWDEE and the BGEE games. Different opcodes, different projectiles, etc. The BG2 projectile is still in IWDEE, it's just not used. The projectile is what determines whether it affects party members.

If you want the weapon to be identical to how it works in the BG games, the easiest way would be to export the spell from bgee, and rename it something different, and put it in the override of IWDEE. Then point to the resource name in your item file. If you'd prefer you can also straight up replace the SPWI615.SPL in IWDEE, but you'd also want to update the text, so the spell info is accurate as well.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    That spell already has an opcode for "protection from resource" (code 318) referencing spwi615.spl (itself) and a creature type of "evasion check (63)" for rogues. You could always add another instance of opcode 318 with a creature type of "allies" (49) to make the party (and any of your summons or charmed allies) immune to the spell.