Skip to content

Question -- Thieving Skills and Dexterity

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
So Imoen has a base 18 Dex. According to the tables I find, she gets +10 to Pick Pockets from this Dex score. I put in 90 but it does not adjust to 100.... and unless I put 100 in she can't pickpocket things that requrire 100 (example: bows from Nashkel guards).... Am I looking at this wrong?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The stat adjustments are only half of the picture. There are also racial adjustments. Humans get a total of +45 to skills, including 15 to Pick Pockets. Half-orcs are the same as humans, and the other races get more - short races get a total of +85 from their racial adjustments.

When dealing with NPCs, you also have to consider their skill investment when you get them; after all, they don't start at level zero. The level 1 version of Imoen has 25 of her 40 points invested in Find Traps and the other 15 in Move Silently. None in Pick Pockets, so it doesn't matter for this particular question.

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    jmerry wrote: »
    The stat adjustments are only half of the picture. There are also racial adjustments. Humans get a total of +45 to skills, including 15 to Pick Pockets. Half-orcs are the same as humans, and the other races get more - short races get a total of +85 from their racial adjustments.

When dealing with NPCs, you also have to consider their skill investment when you get them; after all, they don't start at level zero. The level 1 version of Imoen has 25 of her 40 points invested in Find Traps and the other 15 in Move Silently. None in Pick Pockets, so it doesn't matter for this particular question.

I am an idiot - She would already have the boost as of level one. You are spot on , thank you.