Skip to content

Is there a debug command or a mod to see enemy stats?

On higher difficulties, it is often important to know some basic information about enemies. From the sprites or portraits, it is impossible to tell whether a monster has 4 or 5 hit dice (i.e. whether they are hit by Sleep or not) or whether they have 19 or 21 hit points left (i.e. whether Power Word: Sleep is useless). It is not much fun having to reload because you wasted the first turn of a difficult combat casting a spell that does nothing. Even worse is that the AI can see my current HP and will only fire Power Words if they actually do something.

Now, I can look up enemy max HP on the wiki, then work out by their "injured" status how many they may have left, but this is super tedious. I keep having to tab out of the game to look at wiki articles.

Among the debug hotkeys I have found nothing of the sort. Have I missed one? Otherwise, does anyone know of a mod that allows displaying some basic info about e.g. the creature under the cursor? Otherwise otherwise, can I somehow bind a lua function to a hotkey and rig this myself? Assume that I have advanced programming knowledge, but zero Infinity Engine knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    I'm not aware of anything of this sort. I sometimes look up creatures on nearinfinity to check out if their lists of immunities allow my specialized characters to do their favorite thing, or if they'll have to improvise (again).