Skip to content

Hello All - Return Player From Long Ago

I just got Icewind Dale Enhance Edition. I am developing a team of 5-6 solo, so it's kind of tricky vs. just playing one class/character.

Any ideas on a stable group? Besides the starter pre-made group of course. Also, using some of those wonderful kit classes.

In the past I went heavy on the melee and got crushed fast. I never did beat the game. I retried later with more magic and healing, but I spent more time healing than casting magic. My progression into the game was even worse than just face smashing everything.

I can't seem to find that balanced group that will make it to the end boss. It's not like a table-top game where it really doesn't matter what the character dynamic is. Yeah, it helps to have that 'tank' 'healer' 'dps' 'magic' group, but I haven't seen that at all. Only in WoW and that's because it's structured that way.

If I put a Paladin in the group, the monsters team up on him and he gets crushed first. So, I am thinking... maybe a Fighter/Cleric or Cleric/Ranger instead of a Paladin?

Use a Mage as solo class (maybe specialize) or is cross class better? Fighter/Mage or Cleric/Mage?

Of course, same with the Thief. Solo? or Fighter/Thief? Mage/Thief? or go crazy with a Gnome Cleric/Thief?

Comments

• ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    Welcome back! :)
  • KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    Welcome (back) then.
  • UnsanityUnsanity Member Posts: 54
    Thanks. Eager to get this game going again. I have my first group going. Wish me luck.

My leader is a Paladin: Undead Hunter.
    On his right, Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger (vs. Giants).
    On his left, Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric.
    Range support, Elf Ranger: Archer (long bow of course)(vs. Umber Hulks).
    Spell/Heal support, Half-Elf Cleric/Mage.
    Utility/Range Support, Halfling Fighter/Thief.