Skip to content

Modded Campaign (Spoilers)

CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
edited February 2022 in Official Campaigns
On the original release of NWN i used the toolset to modify most of the enemies in the whole original campaign, i wanted to spice things up for myself.

Well i just finished doing it again with the EE version, i made fresh modifications from scratch.

I didn't do anything crazy like add new areas but most of the fixed enemies have been bumped up 1 or more lvls and spellcaster spellbooks have been updated because most enemy casters dont have very good spellbooks.

I did add new enemies in just a few select locations, several enemies have new equipment as almost all the enemies dont even have magic weapons even in Chapter 3, several mini & full bosses have magical or unique equipment relevent to Their class and abilities.

I held back quite a bit so as to not make completely OP enemies or make them nearly impossible, at least not too early.

57jf3poeqhm8.png

This guy in the Prelude always bothered me, he's just not intimidating and looking at his stats he's pretty crap, If i was gonna hire some dudes to attack the academy he wouldn't be it that's for sure.

81zxl8ovl2ag.png

Now he looks like this, he has very minor magic robes and helmet, +1 AC on both and small skill boosts which he drops on death & he's now lvl 4 with the same spells as before which where 5 Rays of Frost & 2 Magic Missiles, now in addition Mage Armour, Endure Elements, Protection from Alignment, Lesser Dispel, Bull Strength.

I tested the Prelude with a lvl 1 Wizard, ran straight to the guy that gives you a lvl up than back tracked and took out all the Goblins to get XP, all the Goblins have +1 lvl ups which nets you more xp and i was lvl 3 before fighting the Mage, took him down by casting Flame Weapon and Magic Sword on my Longsword and he died quickly, I also protected myself from the first Magic Missile using the Shield spell but he didn't have a chance to cast more.

arsolarcszcw.png

This guy is one of the original Gang Leaders in Chapter 1 Peninsula and notice the crazy 135 HP...he's a lvl 7 FIghter\Rogue.

30mrj0ggb3eq.png

Now he starts with a bow in hand and a short sword in the inventory and i dropped his HP to something more reasonable but increased the challenge by giving him better stats and he actually has armour now but it's only +1 Padded armour so nothing fancy, i haven't fought him yet as I've only tested the Prelude and just finished modding Chapter 4.

I'm gonna do a playthrough in a couple of days and see how it works out.

The Golems in Chapter 2 are gonna be more scary, they have 1 time castings of special abilities like Stoneskin & Spell Mantle, it should be a greater challenge but not broken but I'll find out soon.
Post edited by Cerabelus on