Skip to content

Kivan Recruitment Question

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Been a minute, so here's a question.

I'm in Chapter 3. Haven't recruited Kivan yet. I tend to recruit all companions and leave them at the FAI just for grins.

If I want to recruit him and not have leave me due to his timer/objective... can I recruit him prior to the bandit camp, ditch him at FAI, do the camp, and he'll be there forever? Does ditching him stop the clock?

Should I wait until right before I do the camp, or can I pick him up now, ditch, and he'll still be there post-camp?

Thanks y'all.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited February 2022
    Ditching him doesn't stop the clock, but he won't leave you once the camp is done.

The clock:
    When he joins you for the first time, the first timer starts. 20 days in chapter 1, 14 days in chapter 2, 7 days in chapter 3.
    Once that first timer runs down, if he's in the party, he warns you and the second timer starts. 20 days in chapter 1, 14 days in chapter 2, 7 days in chapter 3. If Kivan isn't in the party, the warning dialogue will trigger when he next joins.
    Once the second timer runs down, if he's in the party and you still haven't dealt with the bandits, he leaves.

Speaking to Tazok with Kivan in the party, or reaching chapter 4, permanently stops the clock. The leaving dialogue also won't trigger if you're in the camp.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    jmerry wrote: »
    Ditching him doesn't stop the clock, but he won't leave you once the camp is done.

The clock:
    When he joins you for the first time, the first timer starts. 20 days in chapter 1, 14 days in chapter 2, 7 days in chapter 3.
    Once that first timer runs down, if he's in the party, he warns you and the second timer starts. 20 days in chapter 1, 14 days in chapter 2, 7 days in chapter 3. If Kivan isn't in the party, the warning dialogue will trigger when he next joins.
    Once the second timer runs down, if he's in the party and you still haven't dealt with the bandits, he leaves.

Speaking to Tazok with Kivan in the party, or reaching chapter 4, permanently stops the clock. The leaving dialogue also won't trigger if you're in the camp.

So if you invite him to the group ditch him, never talk to him again until after the camp.... he is ok? or will he be gone from where you left him?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yes, he's OK. The leaving dialogue will not fire if you have started chapter 4, under any circumstances.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Sweet! Thanks Jmerry.