Skip to content

-GAME WON'T START- FIX - Works consistently for me!

paulheath722paulheath722 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Folks,

Apologies if this is already floating around somewhere here, but I didn't see it in any of my trolling.

All yesterday I had the same "game won't start" issues as so many others, where launching the game from the standalone launcher, Beamdog, OR directly from the baldur.exe in Explorer (either through C:/ or the normal x86 location) only created a spinning cursor, followed by an immediate crash/close.

I have no earthly idea why, but I can consistently launch my game now if I start iTunes, then launch BGEE from either the standalone launcher, or directly from the file location. You can close iTunes once the game is up and running and it doesn't seem to have any effect on performance, but iTunes needs to be running again if I exit and relaunch BGEE.

Maybe somebody with some technical expertise can puzzle it out - all I know is that it works for me and I'm able to launch and enjoy BGEE, so far so good. Give it a shot, and good luck!

TL:DR::::::::
Start iTunes
Launch BGEE via any of the normal launch methods
Enjoy.

Comments

• doncrawdoncraw Member Posts: 9
    I have the same issue and running iTunes made no difference for me. Thanks for posting and enjoy the game. Can't wait to play.