Skip to content

Help with Mods

HowieTHowieT Member Posts: 4
Greetings

Not sure if this is the right place to post but wondering if anyone out there can help me!!

I'm currently running steam version 2.6.6 and after reading a few bits understand that mods can get messed up with updates. I didn't notice much at first until some of the rr weapon descriptions changed to random stuff and cromwell spoke complete gibberish like it was dialogue from else where when it came to the extra items to upgrade and the cyric encounter is also now complete gibberish.

ive tried reinstalling both rr and item upgrade but keeps coming up with an error

ERROR: This Mod is too old (or too new) to uninstall that component for you.
Upgrade to the newest versions of this mod and that one and try again.
[Failure("TP2 not found!")]
ERROR: Failure("uninstallation error")

ive downloaded most up to date and still the same - are just not compatible anymore?

other mods seem to be worked fine:
Jkits
All things Mazzy
Imoen Romance
Oversight
Refinements
More style for mages
Golem construction

sorry bit of an essay! Any help would be great hopefully wont have to start a new game lol!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    You should always have the option of clearing out everything to start fresh - remove everything in the override folder, remove all WeiDU logs, verify the game files if that's an option. Starting fresh on a new game version is usually a good idea.

Once you've cleaned out everything, install whatever mods you intend to use. There's nothing to uninstall at this point.

Text errors like what you're describing ... the game does all of that as numbered references to a file that's a list of strings. Mods add on to the end of this file when they put new strings in the game. The new patch also added some new strings to the game, and you now have the patch's version of that file instead of the version with your mod stuff in it. The references that were being used by those mods are now used by text from the new patch. Oops.