Skip to content

LAG - cloakwood, webs and phase spiders

DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
Came to cloakwood, 2nd map - a lot of lag and jagged gameplay when webs and spiders. Almost unplayable.

win8
core i5
gforce gtx 460

Comments

• DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    Seems to be all of cloakwood where i goet random lags. not only when webs or spiders.
  • ZandaruZandaru Member Posts: 3
    Actually about the 4th cloakwood zone closest to baldurs gate. I cross the bridge and the game just crashes. Thought it was just hardcore lag, but nope changed my graphics and everything. That area is just not there for me.
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    So it seems its not only cloakwood as I previously thought. All of the maps on the west coast by the sea seems to have the lagging problem :/ I have tried disabling weather-conditions, but still to early to say if that is the problem.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    Got that too

Win 8 pro x64
    amd phenomx2 3.8ghz (oc) (quad core)
    Nvidia 480GTX
    8 gigs DDR3 1600mhz

I tried switching to windows 95 compatibility mode it didnt help the game runs beautifully in all the other areas.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    @Dafojk, @xxxsmb1987xxx

Could you guys make sure that BGEE is using your Nvidia cards when launching BGEE?

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it too now.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @Tanthalas I have its just in that area everywhere else is fine it only happens in the area where the spiders and web traps are. I had a slow down in the black pits with the final fight but it wasnt as bad and only lasted 3 secs or so.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    We are looking into this now.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @xxxsmb1987xxx, @Dafojk

Do you still have the lag after updating the game?