Skip to content

Saltmarsh

SavicksterSavickster Member Posts: 28
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/sinister-secret-saltmarsh

Hi, I have a lit lantern and am at the boat at night- how do I signal the ship?

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    It currently checks to make sure it is both night, and the PCs are in the right stage of their quest. If those conditions are met, it then checks to make sure the PC has a lantern equipped (left hand, and also make sure it is fueled and lit with oil). If so, then you may load up in skiff and sail out to meet the Sea Ghost.
  • SavicksterSavickster Member Posts: 28
    Well, if loading up is literal, I did it differently- just walk to the end of the tiny landpiece of the skiff and it gives you the option to climb.

Thanks, but I think there needs to be improvement in the Lizardman Lair- the slightest misstep causes hostility.

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Savickster wrote: »

Thanks, but I think there needs to be improvement in the Lizardman Lair- the slightest misstep causes hostility.

Actually, that is by design. If you think you are making missteps that is part of the dynamic, and true to the PnP module from where it is sourced. It is possible to undo what you think you had done....
  • SavicksterSavickster Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2022
    One more thing that would be custom- not sure if there was ever a true story to this, but once you get your home, it might have been nice to add a bed and then cutscene "2 months" later and then The Council summons you to help in one climactic battle against the sea-devils (tons of troops of all races against tons of sea-devils...

If you killed the Baron and Baroness, say they had been bound with the priests or the shark the little ones were sacrificed to and game back to life once we left, only a little more powerful than before.)

Oh, one more suggestion- since the counsel meets only at night, that tiny hourglass in one of the corners where they stand should give the player the option to wait until night so in real-time, they don't have to stand around all day: if it's day, the dialogue is like,

"The counsel will not meet until 9 P.M. - do you want to wait until then?"

Then the player clicks and the time fast forwards to 9 PM and the council arrives.

An hourglass in the room on the upper floor of Merry Mermaid might be useful as well.