Skip to content

Durlag’s Tower Progress Halt

I’m at level 4 of Durlag’s Tower labyrinth and I’m stuck from progressing.

I run through the whole level multiple times now, successfully completed two of the three compass riddles. My issue is the Stone Golem in the spider room - I answered incorrectly too many times and now all he says is “Durlag knows the penalty for speaking once more to the guardian. You are not he.” And he throws a fireball.

I’ve tried talking to it with different characters, sleeping, leaving the level and going back via staircase, talking to Durlag and his wife - nothing helps and thus I cannot seem to progress to the compass room the third and final time.

I can leave using the staircase or having the wife teleport me out, but I also can’t get back in when teleported out as there’s no way to re-enter the chess room.

TLDR- The stone golem won’t talk to me and so I can’t progress Durlag’s tower. If I leave then I can’t finish the labyrinth level because I can’t get back into the chess room.

HELP!

(FWIW I’m on Switch, latest version 1.0.4)

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    As I said in your other thread, there is no in-game recourse. Even if you could go up and back down (it's supposed to be possible), that wouldn't help with the golem. Only editing the save or reverting to an older one can reset the golem so that the way to the tower's final boss is opened.