Skip to content

Bug : Shapeshifting doesn't work properly (Stackable AC boost)

AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
edited November 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
When shapeshifting as an avenger druid into an animal, then into an animal, then back to an human, then back to an animal (& so on) you get additional, stacking AC.
My Druid is currently @-13 AC.

Expected behaviour :
Shapeshifting doesn't allow to decrease AC by shapeshifting repeateadly.

Edit : Reloading corrects the problem.

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited December 2012
    So yeah, changed into a wolf with Relair's Mistake, I later notice after leaving wolf form that:

AC has dropped by 4 points for no reason.
    Buckley's Buckler has increased my Constitution by 2 points. Permanently.

I can confirm it's the wolf form since I managed to repeat it twice, one would presume it should not happen that way.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    I have noticed this and haven't seen any report yet. When druid shapeshifts while equipped with buckler, AC bonus of the buckler applies to his new form as well and when he transforms back to human or other form, AC bonus from buckler is applied again which leads to severe AC acumulation, that doesn't go away. However I haven't tested if it is just wrong display of AC in GUI or if the AC is actually modified.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Uh, that's a severe bug. I'm pretty sure it isn't just a display bug. Thanks.
    edited December 2012
    done
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Bump for merge...
  • FalexxFalexx Member Posts: 5
    When testing what Avenger Shapeshift did what, I cycled through each form fairly quickly. After a few cycles of changing form/sleeping to reset, I opened my inventory and noticed my Avenger's AC was -23. I reloaded an auto save and did the same process, and came out with a -17. Pretty sure swaping forms like that doesn't make you a god.
  • FalexxFalexx Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    *Edit* I was in The Black Pits, as a Lvl 7 Avenger.

Guess I could have clicked the gear in the top right of my original post to edit that....
    Shapeshifting with buckler was already registered.
    edited December 2012
    done