Skip to content

Neera Bridge District Scripted Encounter Bug

RedeadkRedeadk Member Posts: 2
I seem to have found a new permutation of glitch with this encounter. Rather than being able to watch it through and then being unable to travel, as others have posted workarounds for, at the point where Neera is supposed to intervene, her voice dialogue plays but she fails to appear.

I am running EET with a ton of stuff, which I'm aware can cause conflicts (although I did use a tool which is supposed to avoid conflicts). So. Things which are true in my playthrough:

Neera joined my party in BG1, but she died when we picked up Dynaheir and I kind of left her in the knoll stronghold without rezzing her. I did then still complete her quest without her.

I was confused as to why her encounter script played in the first place, since my globals listed her as dead.

Changing the "Sprite_is_dead" global didn't remove the bug.

Trying the workaround posted elswhere on the forum to short circuit the quest progression unfortunately didn't help, as the cutscene still played and froze on entering the Bridge DIstrict even through forcing the second encounter did work.

Summoning Neera into the Bridge District using "CreateCreature" to try to make her available for the scene resulted in her popping in and out of existence several times, apparently unable to stay.

Suggestions for other things to try very welcome. It's more a QoL thing as I can just port into the Bridge District and avoid the top of it if I really need to. But it's bugging me. And I'd quite like the option of a second chance to have Neera in my party.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• RedeadkRedeadk Member Posts: 2
    For anyone who was interested, a workaround I found was summoning "Neera10" with C:CreateCreature in the Bridge District. This triggered the scripted cutscene to play correctly, although I don't know how it might affect anything else. Previously, I had been trying to summon the version of Neera you first encounter in BG1, which is why she was popping out of existence.